Thursday, April 08, 2010

Step 3/5

This morning I woke up to my phone ringing, and on the caller ID it said the name of the hospital I'm applying to. The nurse recruiter was calling to have a phone interview with me. Crap! I wasn't even half awake yet. Luckily she gave me the option of having her call back a couple hours later. Phew! My mom gave me a booklet she had about the hospital's mission statement, values and policies. I skimmed through it quickly, but it turned out that I didn't even need it. Around 12:30 my mom asked me to pick up some Thai food at a local restaurant. The wait took forever even though we ordered in advance. The room had the AC on blast, but I was started sweating for nervousness. It was quickly reaching 1 PM (my phone interview time) and I was anxious to get home. I made it home just in time, and a few minutes later that recruiter called. Throughout the entire interview I was trying to read into her voice to see how I was doing. Easier said than done. She's been doing this for a while and seems to know how to keep it neutral. The questions she asked were based off the questionnaire I had answered. She also asked me some scenario questions. After the final question I really had no idea how I did. Then I asked her how long it would take for me to know whether or not I would get a panel interview. She responded with, "Well, I think I would like to push your application on to the panel interview." SWEET! She proceeds to tell me that my interview is this Tuesday (in 5 days) and will be meeting with four representatives and should be prepared to answer questions about patient safety, change management, teamwork and a critical thinking scenario question. I have five days to prep what I am going to say and to get all my paperwork ready. Here we go!

No comments: