Saturday, April 17, 2010

Playoffs

As we come to the close of yet another NBA season, we are ushered into, in my opinion, one of the most spectacular and aggressive displays of human athleticism : the NBA Playoffs. Since being conditioned into a Laker fan at the age of six, I have always watched the Playoffs mainly for the Lakers. But during the course of the past few years, I have learned to expand my NBA knowledge. This year's Playoffs could not come at a better time. I'm starting to swim in the stresses of my life, but with the Playoffs here, I get to take a breather. As the eloquent writers of the (flailing) show "How I Met Your Mother" articulated in a recent episode, "What's great about sports: they take your mind off your troubles, if only for a moment." Agreed.

1 comment:

Jenelyn said...

nicely put.