Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekends in Pasadena are "uber." Last night a few of us went to eat at Twin Palms in Old Town Pasadena. The atmosphere was nice, but the food wasn't as good as I expected. But their dessert platter of all their best desserts is amazing! Their creme brulee is the best thing ever!
After dinner, we walked around for a little bit then went to Cal Tech so Jen could give us a tour. Cal Tech is a creepy at night. It felt like someone was going to jump out of the bushes and attack us. Some random cat started following us but eventually found something else to occupy its time. Jenelyn led us to a pond that had lots of turtles living in it. Gian and Kevin were trying to disturb the pond so the turtles would come out so they could take one home.


I failed to take a picture of the sign next to the pond that said "Please do not take any animals from the pond."
Today Jen, Kristina, and I went to Mi Piace for brunch. I really like that restaurant. It's reasonably priced for delicious food. And their desserts are even better. I like their cheesecake a lot better than Cheesecake Factory's. We also went shopping around Old Town. What was supposed to be a thirty minute venture turned into one that tripled the time.
I'm kind of glad I'm going to be on vacation for three weeks because it will take the pressure off my wallet and bank account. I've been spending a lot of money these past several weeks on mostly food and other miscellaneous expenses. This is really bad because I have no income coming in this summer. Three weeks will help me save money for the last two months of summer after I get back. Even though my parents won't be on vacation with me, I still don't have to pay for myself. Haha! =D

No comments: