Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh, what a week. It was an incredibly hectic week. Although I didn't have class on Monday, I still had to get my patient information from the hospital. We had to start doing a more detailed patient information. It was really confusing because no one explained it to us. Tuesday was a very difficult day for our nursing class. We had due on Wednesday:

- resume
- cover letter
- assessment of the job market
- research paper on an influential nursing figure
- seminar folders
- incident report
- quantitative nursing research assignment

And to top it off, we were unable to turn in our research papers on time due to the LLU website. I was really happy when I finished all of those assignments, but my stress was just beginning. I had my head-to-toe assessment today. I planned to study and prepare for it during Thanksgiving break, but of course that didn't happen. Last night I was going to prepare for it but fell asleep. So basically, I had this morning. It was my own fault. I was stressing out the whole time. While in class, I wasn't playing attention because I was preparing. My friends told me I looked stressed. Arlette happened to have a stress ball in her bag and let me borrow it. The person who was observing my assessment was 30 minutes late, which did not help my anxiety at all. Luckily she was really nice, and I think the fact that we were both Filipino helped. =D It felt so good to get that weight lifted off my shoulders. Honestly, 50 minutes for a complete head-to toe is pretty difficult for those doing it for the first time. And the fact that someone is watching your every move while you are assessing the patient is really intimidating. But from here until the end of the quarter, it's going to be smooth and steady. I only have one paper due, but it's a reflection paper.

4 more days of class... 2 days of finals... =D

No comments: