Sunday, June 10, 2007

Best dead week ever. Well, it was really good compared to the five others I have experienced. On Monday I passed my Japanese final. But it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but that class is already so easy. I just had to read a chapter of the Bible in Japanese. I read like a first grader.
On Tuesday I went to Starbucks with Blossom after class. Yumm! Then Chris, Jenelyn, and Khaing came to visit. We all ate at the Korean restaurant near school. I really like that we get free ice cream after the meal. Blossom, Jen, Khaing and I watched a Filipino movie in my dorm. The funny thing was that Khaing understood more of the movie than Jenelyn did, and Khaing isn't even Filipino! After the movie, Jenelyn and I took random pictures.

Khaing didn't want to participate in our antics, so she was our photographer. We went to eat at Frostbites then went to Michaels and Best Buy. I figured out what camera I am going to buy. Canon PowerShot SD750. I like the picture quality, the features, the size, the style, and the price. I am still deciding when to get it because I'm actually paying for this camera myself. Khaing and I played with the cameras on the Macs.
Aah, good times. =D
Wednesdays are usually my bum out days because I have no class, but this week I was actually productive. I helped Mamiko with her class presentation on the book of Revelation. Every person in the class had a verse and had to present it in a creative way. This one girl tore her shirt open to represent Revelations 17: 16. That was slightly uncomfortable.
Thursday was an exciting day. And it all started with a very refreshing nap in the afternoon. After my nap, Connie and I went to go get free Subway sandwiches and Jamba Juice from SALSU. I love that SALSU always provides us with Jamba Juice or Starbucks during dead week. It wasn't enough to fill me up though so Connie and I went to Hotlanta for some hot wings. But before we could go, Sheila called me and told me that her, Byron, and Mike Ha were at the LSU gym. Mike looks different. His hair is very Spanish-like, and he got more tanned. He looks like Rico Suave. I feel like he should be speaking in a deep Spanish accent. Then he grabs your hand and spins you around while salsa music is playing in the background. After Hotlanta, Connie and I went to the nice and expensive Esplanade apartments next to LSU to use their jacuzzi and pool. It felt really good to swim. Connie and I then went on a late night Starbucks run. It felt like last year. All that was missing was Cold Stones and the mall. It was a really good day.
On Friday I had a Religion final that I only studied twenty minutes for. It was one of those classes that if you grew up SDA, you don't need to study. But when I got to class, our teacher announced that we weren't going to have a final. We didn't need one. He's one of my favorite teachers I've had, and I'm not just saying that because he didn't give us a final. When he teaches, you can tell that he really loves God and has a close relationship with Him.
And that is my best dead week ever. I have one final this week: biochemistry. I am not looking forward to the ACS test.

No comments: