Monday, March 26, 2007

"This is a new song. It's called 'Connect the Dots' and it's about sex."

Yep. Tonight I went to a Spill Canvas concert with Bryan at the Glass House in Pomona. It was an awesome concert! The crowd was really into it which got me really into it. I made use of my "rocker hair," as Connie would call it. When Spill Canvas went on, I almost crapped my pants. No, I didn't, but I was really excited. I got really into the last two songs, "Lust a Prima Vista" and "All Hail the Heartbreaker." "All Hail the Heartbreaker" was the only song I really wanted to hear because it's my favorite. My voice is almost gone, I can barely hear anything, and my feet hurt, but it was soooo worth it!
The bands that went before them kind of sucked. The first one was The Color Turning. They scared me. The whole time there was red light on them, and it didn't help that when the lead singer sang, he looked like Satan. Because of the red light, it looked like they were descending down to hell. But the funny part was that they had some video clips playing in the background, and it was of a girl in a grassy field picking a dandelion. Somehow hell and dandelions don't mix to me.
The second band was Cosmonaut. For half of their set, I didn't know who they were. Finally they said who they were, and I heard a bunch of people behind me say "Oh, that's who they are!" So I wasn't the only person lost.
The third band was... interesting. They were called The Oohlas. The lead singer was a girl, and she reminded me of a Jack O'Lantern. Her hair was orange, and she had large dark eyes. She made these weird facial expressions when she sang and had a really weird voice. The girl was moving around so much that she fell over. That was pretty funny.
Regardless of the sucky bands, Spill Canvas made up for it.

No comments: